CAA Product Help
(HELP ?) Circles provide narratives on Training, Explanations, and Hints. These can be related to the overall screen, or to specific items on the screen.
This (HELP ?) Circle narrative is for the “CHURCH WALL” Screen or the “CHURCH WALL” Display Panel in the PrayerLink Portal module.
This PrayerLink screen is comprised of five parts.
- Program Bar : PrayerLink
- Operation Bar : My Profile, Global Wall, Church Wall
- Information Bar
- Navigation Panel : Add a New Post, Reset Requests, Search PrayerWall, LogOut
- Display Panel : Prayer Requests ROW/COLUMN FORM
This section is on the left side of the screen, immediately under the Operation Bar and Information Bar . It shows the Navigation choices available within the selected operation (in this case, the “Church Wall” Display Panel ).
The Navigation Panel will typically include the following:
- Your church name at the top
- The Navigation Links for your use with the active “Prayer Requests” on the “Church Wall” Display Panel
- Special Links pertaining to your church, like your website for example.
- The CAA Copyright Notice at the bottom
This Navigation Panel has the following Links available:
- Add a New Post Hyperlink: If you have been granted privileges to post Prayer Requests, you will see this Link. Click it to go to the “ADD POST” Screen where you can create Praise and Prayer requests.
- Reset Requests Hyperlink: If you have used the [REMOVE SELECTED] Button or [RETAIN SELECTED] Button to limit which Prayer Requests are shown on the “Church Wall” Display Panel , you can use this link to restore all Prayer Requests to active status on the Display Panel ).
- Search PrayerWall Hyperlink: Click this link to go to the “SEARCH/SELECT PRAYER WALL” Screen where you can search for specific posts.
- LogOut Hyperlink: Click this link to logout of PrayerLink.
This section of the screen is the large area immediately under the Operation Bar and Information Bar and just to the right of the Navigation Panel . It shows the “Prayer Request” ROW/COLUMN FORM. Here you will see the Praise records and Prayer records already posted.
The Prayer Wall (Requests) ROW/COLUMN FORM of your PrayerLink system is used to help you collect, organize, and post prayer requests and praise reports.
** Note: At the top of the Display Panel you may see six Radio Buttons: ALL TYPES, PRAYER REQUESTS, PRAISE REPORTS; and ALWAYS, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH. Use these to “filter” the Prayer Posts that are displayed on the Display Panel .
Here is an overview of each column on the ROW/COLUMN FORM of this screen:
This column offers Checkboxes for “highlighting” rows on the ROW/COLUMN FORM. When you click a Checkbox, that row is highlighted. You may highlight one or more rows. This feature is provided as a convenience if you need to focus on certain rows of Prayer Wall postings.
Also, there are special buttons at the top and at the bottom of the ROW/COLUMN FORM that you can use to retain or exclude highlighted rows from the screen display.
This column shows the Title of the posting. The Title comes from the “Please include a short Title” box on the screens where you Add or Modify your postings. It also includes an identifier showing whether the posting is a Prayer Request or Praise Report.
You can use the Up Arrow or Down Arrow to sort the posting Titles into ascending or descending sequence.
** Note: If you are an Administrator, you may see a phrase “Awaiting Review by Wall Monitor” in this column. That means email alert messages have been sent to the Wall Monitors to review and approve this post, but they have not approved it yet.
This column provides a way for you to show your support for the Prayer Request.
- A social media style [Thumbs Up] Icon that lets you indicate you have read the posting and “like it”.
- A social media style [Praying Hands] Icon that lets you indicate you have read the posting and you are “praying” in support of the person and their message.
This column shows the first 40 characters of the posted message.
** Note: If you are an Administrator, you may see a “APPROVE THIS POST” Hyperlink in this column. That means email alert messages have been sent to the Wall Monitors to review and approve this post, but they have not approved it yet. With your Administrator permission level, you can approve it immediately here by clicking the hyperlink.
This column shows the Name of the person who authored the original posting. The First Name and Last Name are displayed.
You can use the Up Arrow or Down Arrow to sort the posting Name into ascending or descending sequence. The sort is on Last Name of the person.
This column displays the date of the original posting. This is the default column for the ROW/COLUMN FORM… when you come to this screen, the postings will be sorted in chronological sequence based upon this date.
You can use the Up Arrow or Down Arrow to sort the posting into ascending or descending sequence using the Posted On date.
View and Reply:
This column has a “REVIEW AND REPLY” Hyperlink that allows you to “View” specific information about the post and also allows you to “Reply” to the post.
If the hyperlink has a number beside it in ( ) to the right, that number tells you how many people have posted Replies already.
This column has a “MODIFY/UPDATE” Hyperlink that takes you to the “MODIFY POST” Screen. There you can update or maintain your post. Unless you are a System Administrator, you can only update a post if you were the author.
This column allows you to delete existing posts of Prayer Requests and Praise Reports. Use the Checkboxes to identify those postings you want to remove " to delete completely from the system. Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click the [DELETE CHECKED PRAYER(S)] Button. You will receive a final warning before the posting is actually deleted.
Unless you are a System Administrator, you can only remove a post if you were the author of it.
Deleted postings disappear and cannot be recovered. They are gone!
“CAA Product Help” from CAA Ministries at Support@CAAsoftware.com or 404-551-4230